2024 M&G Investments PE Plett: Win an unforgettable holiday!
The M&G Investments PE Plett is one of those races that every mountain biker has to ride at some point. It combines some of the most scenic trails along South Africa’s coast with the unmistakable atmosphere and hospitality that the Eastern Cape brings. This creates a mountain biking adventure that has riders coming back year after year.
This 2024 edition brings with it some exciting changes, too. Following conversations we’ve had with riders over the years, we have adapted the route to spend more time exploring the beautiful Tsitsikamma forest region. Riders will therefore begin their journey from the Kurland Polo fields in The Crags, traversing eastwards with two days spent deep in the Tsitsikamma Forests, and finishing in the vibrant surf town of Jeffreys Bay four days later.
We’ve also created another new format for those riders who prefer to cruise rather than race. Aptly named THE TOUR, which starts the day after the main race finishes, it is a great option for riders who prefer touring to racing. It’s a relaxed version that follows the same route and provides the same amenities as The Race, but with the option to stop for lunch and a flat white along the way. It’s also an open start chute with no timing in place, allowing you to start each day at your own pace. With such beautiful scenery, why not spend the day exploring this mountain biking paradise?
And after completing whichever format of this spectacular ride, there’s no better way to reflect and reward yourself than by taking some time out, relaxing and allowing your body to fully recover. That’s why we are especially pleased to announce that we have one more surprise in store for this year’s riders: we’re offering one lucky participant the chance to win a two-night stay for two people in a luxury suite at the Simbavati Fynbos on Sea Lodge.
The prize includes free transfers to and from the lodge (including flights from some of the major airports in the country), full board and activities (all meals, scheduled daily activities, self-guided walks and mountain bike trails and use of mountain bikes), and a R250 gift voucher per person per night to spend on extras at the lodge.
Competition entries are limited to riders participating in the 2024 M&G Investments PE Plett. To enter, simply post your favourite photos from the race each day on either Facebook, Instagram and/or Twitter and tag:
This year we’re also changing how we’ll select a winner – every rider who posts their favourite memories will be entered and a winner selected at random. The winner will be announced on Monday 4 March, 2024.
Looking for more information about Fynbos on Sea?
Situated above the quaint town of Sedgefield, along South Africa’s Garden Route, this eco paradise awaits, offering sweeping views over beaches, mountains, lagoons and a fynbos wonderland.
The nine-room lodge and self-contained cottage are perched high on the dunes overlooking the Indian Ocean, surrounded by a 600-hectare pristine fynbos reserve. The estate abounds with plains game such as eland, zebra, bushbuck and waterbuck so there is plenty to see in all directions.
Immerse yourself in scenery to revive both mind and soul. Sedgefield has a tortoise as its emblem to remind visitors of the joy of ‘slow travel’. So meander along the nature trails, lie and watch the clouds or sit with binoculars. Enjoy a picnic or sundowners overlooking Gerickes Point. When you fancy a change of pace, take a mountain bike and choose from a variety of off-road trails.
Close to but off our own property, discover lovely fossil dunes and beaches, kayak on the Swartvlei and Sedgefield lagoons, or visit the neighbouring protea farm. In summer at low tide, snorkelling in the rockpools can be a treat. More excitement still? This area is a big draw for advanced paragliding. Inspiring sunrises and romantic sunsets will make this an unforgettable stay.
Terms and Conditions
- The prize is offered by MandG Investment Managers (Pty) Ltd (“M&G”), a licensed financial services provider.
- To participate in the competition, you must be an entrant and compete in the 2023 M&G Investments PE Plett cycle race.
- A name will be randomly selected from the list of riders who have posted photos from the race. The decision of the judges will be final and binding.
- The winner will be announced on 04 March 2024 and you will be contacted by M&G Investments soon thereafter.
- The prize must be used by 31 December 2024 and shall be of no effect thereafter.
- Where applicable, the prize only includes flights to and from Cape Town International Airport, Braam Fischer International Airport, O.R Tambo International Airport, King Shaka International Airport and Port Elizabeth International Airport.
- If the winner does not or is unable to accept the prize, M&G reserves the right to select a new winner.
- The prize is not transferrable and may not be deferred, changed or redeemed for cash or any other item.
- M&G reserves the right to amend the rules of the competition or to withdraw the competition at any time if circumstances beyond its control make this unavoidable.
- The competition is not open to M&G (and associated companies) employees, contractors, and their family members.
- Your participation in the competition, and your acceptance and/or use of the prize, or any aspect thereof, is at your own risk, and M&G will not be held responsible for any harm, damage, loss or claim relating to the provision of any element of the prize or any changes to a prize that may be made at any time.
- By entering the competition, you agree to the processing of your personal information and to be bound by these terms of conditions.