Follow these 8 simple steps to determine whether you’ll be able to retire with the income you desire and for the number of years you need. Once you’ve seen your initial results, you can edit all the fields to determine what adjustments you may need to make if there’s a shortfall.
Ready to invest now?COMPLETE AN ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
00 / 00
What is your current age?
At what age would you like to retire?
(In South Africa, the compulsory retirement age is 65, unless you own your own business in which case you can work for as long as you like)
How long do you think you will be in retirement?
(No one likes to think about death, but typically people plan for at least 20 years in retirement, especially with the strides in modern medicine.)
What is your current monthly salary?
How much are you currently saving towards retirement each month?
Contributions to retirement funds (pension, provident or retirement annuity funds) are tax deductible, within certain limits. Currently, 27.5% of the greater of your taxable income and remuneration is tax deductible, subject to a maximum annual limit of R350,000.
How much have you already saved towards your retirement?
What is your expected replacement ratio?
Replacement ratio is the percentage of salary before retirement that you would like to earn in retirement. This number could be less than 100% of your pre-retirement salary, as once you retire, you may have fewer expenses.
What real return do you expect from your investments?
Real return is the annual percentage growth you expect from your investments, over and above inflation. Typically it's between 3%-6%, but can be higher or lower depending on your underlying fund/s.
Time in retirement (Years)
Current Salary (in rands)
Monthly retirement contributions (in rands)
Current investment value (in rands)
Projected inflation rate (%)
Growth rate above inflation (%)
Replacement ratio (%)
- The values used in our tools are determined using projections based on current assumptions about uncertain future outcomes. These assumptions were determined considering the historic relationship between varying factors. The actual future values will depend on the actual amounts that you invest and the associated investment performance, fees and taxes of your selected underlying portfolios. These calculators are provided as a guide and illustration. MandG Investment Managers (Pty) Ltd. will not be held responsible for your reliance on these calculators for your financial planning. We recommend that you speak to a financial adviser and review your retirement plan regularly to ensure you meet your goals.
- The following assumptions are used in this calculation:
- 5.5% annual escalation to monthly contributions.
- 5.5% annual escalation to post-retirement income
- Projected inflation rate defaulted to 5.5%